SENSNET – European learning academy of professionals working with older people with sensory impairments
The SENSNET project is aiming at creating a European Academy that will design, develop, collect, test and valorize an innovative training pathway that will be tailored to the specific needs of professionals who work with aging people with sensory impairment (vision and/or hearing).
Thus, the main target group of the project is workers at daycare centers for older people, geriatric social workers, care workers for seniors, therapists for seniors, GPs, nurses, home-visiting care workers and other professionals that provide services to support aging people with sensory impairments.
1/10/2016 – 30/09/2018
- Universidad Europea Miguel de Cervantes S.A. (Spain)
- ECTE – European Center in Training for Employment (Greece)
- Koninklijke Visio (Netherlands)
- Association De Patronage De L’institut Regional Des Jeunes Sourds Et Des Jeunes Aveugles De Marseille (France)
- Istituto Regionale Rittmeyer Per I Ciechi Di Trieste (Italy)
- National Rehabilitation Centre for Blind (Bulgaria)
- Aston University (UK)
- Professionals, who work with ageing people with visual and/or hearing problems that due to their impairments have problems of daily living
- Workers at day care centres for older people, geriatric social workers, care workers for seniors, therapists for seniors, GPs, nurses, home-visiting care workers and other professionals that provide services to support ageing people with sensory impairments
Our role in the project
- Collaboration in the development of a Methodological guide for the learning program
- Development of training material in field of “Accessibility in society and in the daily life” for aged with hearing impairments.
- Train the trainers
- Train professionals working with ageing people
- Creation of a European Academy for professionals working with ageing people with visual and/or hearing impairments
- Consolidation of a European platform of learning and training resources for these professionals
- Development of training material and training strategy for professionals working with ageing people with hearing and visual impairments
- Validation of the learning model and training materials