Vocational Training Process for Disabled citizens in EU
“Educational process of citizens with special needs in the countries of the European Union”, was the subject of transnational meeting held in Rethymno at 7-10 April 2014. The meeting was organised by the European Training Center for employment (ECTE), in cooperation with the State training and employment agency Mustafa Nevzat Pısak Vocational Education Center based in Istanbul.
At the meeting except the Director Mustafa Nevzat Pısak of Vocational Education Center and ECTE, Managers and executives attended educational centres of Istanbul, Istanbul municipality, Representative Director of support persons with disabilities section of the municipality, as well as the Vice-President of the Board of the largest Center for manufacturing and marketing of gold jewelry of Turkey (kuyumcukent mole), which employed over 200 people with disabilities.
The aim of the meeting hosted in ECTE premises, was the exchange of experiences, the development of common actions in future and the discussion of policies implemented regarding the education of persons with physical and mental disabilities.
After the meeting attendees visited public bodies of Rethymnon that support people with disabilities, like EEEEK Rethymno, Rethymno Special Kindergarten, Physical & rehabilitation medicine Center of Rethymno.
At the final outcome of the meeting, all participants agreed that the individualized approach and targeted intervention for persons with disabilities and persons who are in need of support, are key components and contribute to maintaining social balance and social peace.
Institutions that participated:
- ECTE – European Center in Training for Employment
- Kazim Beydt special Education Centre – Training and Education Centre for persons with disabilities.
- Kuyumcukent jewellery centre (Mall (mole) manufacturing and marketing of gold jewellery-employ persons with disabilities.
- Mustafa Nevzat Pısak Vocational Education Center (Vocational training centre)
- Innovative Educators Association – ( Innovative actions) trainers Association.
- Metropolitan Municipality – Instabul Municipality of Istanbul – Department of support for disabled citizens.